Monday 16 March 2009

Cardmaking Beginners - Challenge #1


I recently managed to cajole my Mum & Dad into having a go at card making, but they are a little overwhelmed by all the possibilities. To help to get them started, I'll be setting them challenges that focus on individual techniques. I'll set these challenges on here too, and would love people to join in. It's just for fun, so there won't be judging or prizes or anything, but if you're a beginner, hopefully it will help you too.

The first one is nice and simple - to make a card conforming to the layout in this basic template, and with a stamped image as the focal point. You don't have to use straight lines or rectangles and you don't have to have a greeting if you don't want to, just make something with the basic elements in the template. Also, because it's the first challenge for brand new crafters, only basic techniques please - this is a confidence builder!

Deadline: 23rd March

1 comment:

  1. Looking good!
    Loving the new blog......
    I'm afraid things are a bit mad here this week, but I'll take part in another challenge that you do....
    Keep an eye out on the Forever Friends blog too (you can link to that one from my page if you don't have it) there are always lots of great challenges over there.

    ReplyDelete