Wednesday 11 November 2009

When you get behind...

... the thought of catching up is a bit daunting! So, here's a very brief summary of my summery activities.

I spent a lot of it yomping around the countryside and pushing old aeroplanes at the Shuttleworth Collection airshows. Thanks to the windy weather, too little of it was spent flying in our microlight though :-(

Craftwise, I've discovered a whole new obsession: jewellery making. I had some training for this a while ago at do crafts' HQ, but didn't really get hooked until I started to prepare for my first event. One of my favourite things about it is that it's so portable and, as no paper is involved, you can even do it in the garden! Summer crafting is always a bit unsettling for me: I know that, when the days are short and cold, I'll wish I'd spent every minute of lovely weather outdoors. Well, now I can satisfy my urge to craft without sacrificing my vitamin D input. Just don't drop any beads :-)


Bringing myself up to date - I made it to my first ever NEC public craft show on Friday. It was great to look round, and I had a go at two new crafts - decopatch and silk painting. I can see silk painting becoming a bit of an obsession too...

That's it for now, back to crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment